Monday, April 11, 2011

Rabbit... Rabbit...

Finally... I have something completed! Let's hear a wahooo!
I have been struggling with finding time to be creative.. but this little cutie was worth the wait!  I painted her white all over and sanded the edges.  I then used pink chalk and added the detail around the outside edges and also highlighted some on the center of the ears (I debated about using velvet... but I didn't like the look after I cut it out). The egg is painted pink with Stickles in the crevice of the bead board. I added Stickles on the top heart of the nose and also on the flower on the egg to give her a little bling. I thought she needed a little something for her mouth so I used a gel type heart shaped sticker (upside down) and covered it with black Stickles. I used crafting wire for the whiskers... again I wanted something the didn't standout (like black wire) and this worked for me.  I also added google eyes (does anyone use them anymore)?  I really liked the look. Then I tried trying a bow on her ear... and it just didn't look right... so I compromised and added a black see through flower with a cute fabric covered pink polka dot brad.  I can't decide which way I like her better... with the flower or without?  What do you think?

16 comments:

Saimi said...

What a creative green eyed girl you are, that bunny is so stinking CUTE!!

Good job girlie, good job!!

MaryBerry Boutique said...

WAHOO!:) I love this little lady! So cute with or without the flower...but i think i would go with:) Every girl needs a flower in her "hare":) Your Awesome i love all your little wood crafts:)

Katherine said...

Such a cute bunny! Thanks for sharing!

Crafty Girls said...

This is stinking cute! I might have to "craft lift" this project!

Maria Matter said...

oh this is beyond cute!!!
love it Vicki!

Grunged, Glittered n' Branded said...

Those are SOOO CUTE! I LOVE them! Awesome job!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Vicki-

That bunny is precious. So festive. Wahoo!

I'd be oh so happy if you could share this with my readers tonight @Creative Juice Thursday. Get your crafting shoes on... Hope to see you there...

Stef said...

Adorable!!
Stef
itsallinmyheadstefsblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your bunny...so cute and crafty! I'm you newest follower!

Anonymous said...

I'm passing on an award to you...check it out on my blog!

Lacey said...

Love the bead board egg.

Sana said...

its such a beautiful creation, its not easy to do but you have made this so easy by taking the step and it looks just wonderful!!

x0x0x0
Dubai Tours and Excursions

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

So professional-looking!

Thanks for sharing this at Creative Juice! Hope to see you back at the party tonight!

Connie said...

Goodness gracious that is so stinkin' cute.

♥ Miss Tea said...

oh my, what an adorably cute rabbit! great job!! loving it!

Susan @ http://tea-diary.blogspot.com

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Yay! You came! This bunny is perfect for a yearly display for Easter. Really appreciate you sharing this great post with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.