Sunday, July 14, 2013

Dallas Cowboy & Texas Longhorn Hard Hats...

 The Freshly scrubbed white hard hat...
 Josh and Joey modeling their new hats... minus the insides that hold the hard hat up...
 I put their names inside the brim of each hard hat...
 Joey ~ Josh and Big Al with their new hard hats...

Fireworks West has been in over-drive for several weeks now... for most states the 4th of July celebration is over... but in Utah, we celebrate the entire month of July since we celebrate Pioneer Day... for those of you not familiar with Pioneer Day it is an official holiday celebrated on July 24th. It commemorates the entry of Brigham Young and the first group of Mormon pioneers into the Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847, where the Latter-day Saints settled after being forced from Nauvoo, Illinois and other locations in the eastern United States. Parades, firework, rodeos, and other festivities help commemorate the event.

So in getting ready for firework season... Josh sent me a picture of a Dallas Cowboy hard hat he wanted to see if I could replicate... I told him that if I did one for him... I would need to do one for Joey too... since he's my "adopted" son... and they set up and shoot all of the fireworks shows together. Josh agreed and he and Joey found the "best looking" hard hats that had the least amount of scuffing on them. Joey decided that he wanted a Texas Longhorn hard hat... and asked if I could make one for his dad, Al... aka The Boss. So in typical Vicki fashion I waited until the night before they needed them done to get started. I downloaded the official Dallas Cowboy and Texas Longhorn logos into my Silhouette Studio and worked my magic... yeah... since I use it so often it takes me forever to remember what in the heck I did the last time I used it... I really love my machine... but Pintrest has taken over my life and I don't use it near often enough!

Luckily I had the darker blue vinyl color that Josh wanted and I thought the burnt orange vinyl color was pretty close too!  Then I cut out the shapes... and put them on both sides of the hats.  Inside the brim of each one I put their names... Josh ~ Joey and Big Al.

They stopped by the office to pick them up before the show... and the boys loved them! The last picture is the night of the show... Josh had his sideways so that we could see the star... I love July and I love this men!!!

No comments: