Sunday, July 13, 2014

Missionary Name Tag Rice Krispie Treats...

Here is the marshmallow mixture ready to be smooshed in the pan...
I used a buttered glass to press the mixture together and to get a more even texture...
After I spread on the melted Black Chocolate Candy Melts...
When Josh told me that Jaden (my sweet daughter-in-law's youngest brother) had requested that I make Rice Krispie treats for his missionary farewell I was stoked! I love making them... but I don't ever make them in the pan... I use molds. I've been collecting them for 25 years now... you can see some of the molds here  but I didn't have anything that looked missionary like. I thought about it for a few days... and I kept coming back to dipping the rectangle shapes into black chocolate and then writing on the top with white chocolate to look like an LDS missionary name tag. It's been so hot lately... my mom thought the chocolate would melt... so I went back to the drawing board again. I decided to make them in the pan like above... but use the black sugar instead of the black chocolate... yeah bad idea! I admit it... I made a pan of them... and besides the fact they looked terrible and the white chocolate writing would not stick to the top... everyone would have had black teeth and tongues. Not what I was looking for... so I went back to the original plan of making them with the Wilton Black Chocolate Candy Melts. I used white chocolate chips and melted them in a baggie in the microwave... then snipped a tiny corner off and that was how I wrote his name on the treats. The problem was... I made them all the morning of his farewell so they would be fresh... but I was concerned about stacking them on top of each other and white chocolate name melting... so I just kept them in the pan... not the most attractive presentation... but Jaden said they tasted great and that is what is most important! Jaden is a wonderful young man and is going to be an amazing missionary... I can't wait to send him his first batch of Rice Krispie Treats when he arrives in Oklahoma!

Here's my recipe for my Rice Krispie treats...

1 Cube of Butter
1 16 Ounce Package of Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows ~ don't use the mini size
10 Cups of Rice Krispies ~ I use the Malt O Meal brand... they taste just the same and are much cheaper!

Melt the butter in a large tupperware bowl in the microwave for 1:10.
Pour the marshmallows in and stir the melted butter to coat all of the marshmallows. 
Put back in the microwave for another 1:30
*Please note the marshmallows will expand so make sure you have a large enough bowl.
Stir the butter/marshmallow mixture together for 15 seconds
Add 10 cups of Rice Krispies and stir until all of the Rice Krispies are covered.
Pour into your buttered pan or a butter holiday mold...




No comments: