Monday, January 24, 2011

My name is Vicki... I'm OCD...

Every once in a while Josh will call me... "OCD"... I in turn tell him its... CDO since I believe that the letters should be alphabetized!

An anxiety disorder in which a person suffers from obsessive thoughts and compulsive actions, such as cleaning, checking, counting, or hoarding. The person becomes trapped in a pattern of repetitive thoughts and behaviors that are senseless and distressing but very hard to stop. 

By definition I know in some things I am OCD... and other things... not so much.  I'm okay with dust bunnies and not running the vacuum on a daily basis...okay sometimes not even on a weekly basis... since it's just Josh and I it doesn't have to be done every day...at least that's how I rationalize it to myself!  

When it comes to my blog... I am defiantly OCD.  I have been working lots of extra hours at the office the past few weeks and thought I would "treat" myself to a blog makeover.  I have always envied those eye catching blogs and wanted mine to be one of "those" too. I have played with the html codes and figured out some of the "tricks" before ... but I really wanted a cute header and a blinkie or two... I figured I would rather spend my time crafting then trying to figure it out.  I did a backup of my blog (as was suggested to do) however... not one of the sidebar blogs I had been following for years showed up when the makeover was completed... and if you have been a visitor to my blog before... you know I have over 200 of them... I know other people visit those blogs I have on my sidebar too.  Imagine my devastation when they were all missing. I looked at the backup... and it keeps all of the settings... and it stores all of your posts... but not any of the side bar items. This is where the OCD fits in... I want my blog perfect... I know it can't and won't be... but that is what I want... Perfection. From the sweet comments some of you have written... I know it's happened to you too!  So please... let's spread the word and save  our fellow bloggers from making the same mistake I did.  Once I get everything back to "normal" again... I'll be a "Happy Camper"... or maybe I'll just eat some more chocolate... that usually cures what ails you!

So here is a word to the wise... if you are looking at getting a blog makeover... make sure you are a "Follower" to each and every one of your favorite blogs.. or make sure that you have saved each one of them as a "bookmark" on your computer. Then be prepared to spend countless hours putting them all back on your blog!

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

You are too cute!!! I love the new blog!! I always smile when I read the things you say about you and Josh - you sound like an amazing mom :) Thanks for sharing!!!

Saimi said...

Cute blog makeover!!! Can't wait to see what crafties you come up with, I do hope you share!!

Auntie Lolo said...

I love your blog makeover! I love all the links on the sides of your blog too! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming by my blog and participating in my Giveaway. I'm a bit on the OCD side, too!