Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jazz Jello

Jazz Jello had been a tradition for Josh and I through the years during the NBA playoffs... Since he and I are "starting over" again...  I figured we needed to go back to some of our old traditions.

The Jazz were down to the Lakers 3-0 in the series... and I was running out of time... Here is the finished product. I was going for the Purple - Blue color scheme then thought about going old school - that's going to be new school again... but I didn't have any green jello... go figure!

The recipe for the jello is super simple... pick 3 of your favorite flavors (in this case... I went for color) Use the small boxes I think they are 3 oz. Make sure to use the same flavor (or color) in bowl 1 and and in bowl 2

Bowl 1
Dump jello package in bowl  - add 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir - and add 3/4 cup cold water - stir again. Pour the jello into a clear dish and put in refrigerator to set.

Bowl 2
Dump jello package into bowl - add 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir... then add 1/2 cup cold water, stir in 1/2 cup yogurt any flavor (I usually use vanilla). It will be a lighter version of the plain jello you just put in fridge. When first layer is set... add the jello from bowl 2 and return to refrigerator to set... depending on how much time you have the freezer can be a big help!  It ends up taking 1/2 of time!

Continue with alternating Bowl 1 and Bowl 2 until you have all 6 packages layered into glass container. Serve with a dollop of Cool-Whip.
Enjoy!

Post a Comment