Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jazz Jello

Jazz Jello had been a tradition for Josh and I through the years during the NBA playoffs... Since he and I are "starting over" again...  I figured we needed to go back to some of our old traditions.

The Jazz were down to the Lakers 3-0 in the series... and I was running out of time... Here is the finished product. I was going for the Purple - Blue color scheme then thought about going old school - that's going to be new school again... but I didn't have any green jello... go figure!

The recipe for the jello is super simple... pick 3 of your favorite flavors (in this case... I went for color) Use the small boxes I think they are 3 oz. Make sure to use the same flavor (or color) in bowl 1 and and in bowl 2

Bowl 1
Dump jello package in bowl  - add 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir - and add 3/4 cup cold water - stir again. Pour the jello into a clear dish and put in refrigerator to set.

Bowl 2
Dump jello package into bowl - add 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir... then add 1/2 cup cold water, stir in 1/2 cup yogurt any flavor (I usually use vanilla). It will be a lighter version of the plain jello you just put in fridge. When first layer is set... add the jello from bowl 2 and return to refrigerator to set... depending on how much time you have the freezer can be a big help!  It ends up taking 1/2 of time!

Continue with alternating Bowl 1 and Bowl 2 until you have all 6 packages layered into glass container. Serve with a dollop of Cool-Whip.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy I love jelloooooooo! this jello dish is cool too!

Kerin said...

Hi there!
I just stumbled upon your blog, and I've loved reading it.
Cool Jello!!
I will be back to read more of your posts :)
p.s I love the flower magnets too. I've never seen the magnets made like that. I'm thinking I need to make myself some sunflower ones !

Elizabeth {sunny bug} said...

I found your blog via Frog Blog and I LOVE this jello idea! I'm all about color and food, so this is a perfect blend. I tend to have some issues with jello, but this seems easy {I hope!} I will be making this soon! **following**

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Honey I'm Home Blog said...

This is so cute. Layered Jello tastes so good too! Hooray for Jello Power!

Warmly, Michelle

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

This is so cute. Layered Jello tastes so good too! Hooray for Jello Power!

Warmly, Michelle