Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day Magnets

I have been blessed with amazing friends
Who have held my hand - given me encouragement -
and got me through the good and the tough times!

I have been blessed with special aunts
who have taught me by example - who have helped mold
me into the mom - daughter and friend I am today!

I wanted to make something fun that when they saw it -
they would remember just how much they are loved!

I cut out a circle with dotted pattern paper - Modge Podged it to the marble. Let dry. Use E-6000 glue and smear it on the back of the marble and adhere it to the top of the flower. Let dry. Then I smeared more E-6000 glue to a large magnet and stuck it on the back of the Bazzill flower - let dry. I found a cute poem - printed it onto cardstock - trimmed with decorative punch. I then put the flower in the bottom of a regular white lunch sack - folded down the top - punched holes through the sack and the poem - tied with some speckled pink yard... and...
Voila!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This a sweet idea -- thanks -- I enjoy your thoughtful words about including your aunts how they touched your life that's wonderful!

Connie said...

I just gave you an award. Go to my blog for instructions.

Jill said...

Those are so cute! I need to make myself some of those to match our kitchen.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Sweet idea--and what a great way to add some color to the fridge. Thanks for linking up to the under $100 party!

Crystal said...

That is such a cute idea. They would be adorable in any kitchen. Thanks for linking up to my challenge.
-Crystal