Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Letters...

I almost didn't get these finished in time... shocker I know!  It took Josh giving me such a hard time about not getting them done... I took a day off to finish them! I bought these letters from the Wood Connection... I used the colors to match my Santa (pictures of that handsome guy are still coming) but I wanted something different to tie both the red and the green together... so I thought that the "r" and the "t" could pass as candy canes... so I did a thicker red stripe and a skinner green stripe using vinyl and then alternated the colors.  I used red chalk on the "r" and "t"... green chalk on the "a" I painted in a tanish color to match the cute little gift holder that is used for the "i"... and then black chalk on the red and green letters.

11 comments:

Lyndsey said...

LOVE IT!!! You did such a good job!!!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Again, perfection.

:)
ButterYum

Nikki said...

I LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!! I hit my goal of 50 links, so be sure to come back next week cuz I'm having a giveaway!!!!! Thanks for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

these are so pretty! I was going to make letters to spell out NOEL and then I totally messed them up! Thanks so much for linking up to Ladybug Blessings Handmade Tuesdays!

April said...

These are just too stinkin cute!

chris said...

Your letters turned out wonderfully. Congrats on getting it done before Christmas!

Jami said...

Simply adorable.
Thanks for linking up to Theme Party Thursday! I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

-Jami
http://aintshecrazy.blogspot.com

Jana said...

Turned out great! Come by Tuesday to link up!

Come enter for a free paper bead necklace from Heart Strings for Orphans!

http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/12/gifts-that-give-back-heart-strings.html

Karen said...

Sweet! As much fun as it is to play around with a variety of color schemes & themes for Christmas, there is something wonderfully nostalgic about green & red that always leaves me smiling! :>

DANA said...

I found you on Tater Tots and Jello! I am loving your blog, that sign is adorable! I would like to invite you to my $50 American Express giveaway and a linky party I have, all going on this week! Happy Holidays! Keep up the great blogging!
-Dana Jean

http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.html

Anonymous said...

Cute letters. They are very creative