Monday, January 31, 2011

Football Rice Krispie Treats

 Cowboy treats
 Green Sprinkles
 Pink Sprinkles
 My boy... The Taste Tester Extraordinaire!

One of our friends at work has been going through a pretty rough time so Josh and I decided to make him some of our "famous" Rice Krispie treats!  Josh, as always, is my head decorator.  He made the laces out of red icing (in the tube) it was the only color I had.  Since he works in the sports department...he decided to be cute... and add pink sprinkles.  Since the treats were for Wade and he loves the Eagles... which is hard for us since we are such avid Cowboys fans... but he needed some extra TLC... so Josh sprinkled some of them in green. He got tired of making laces... so he just made a wavy design on the top of the rest of them.  I brought out the sparkling blue gel to experiment with making a cowboy star on 2 of them.  I really needed a template... my star was in no way perfect... but it tasted super delicious!

Vicki's "Famous" Rick Krispie Treats

1 Cube of butter
1 - 16 once bag of Kraft jet-puffed Marshmallows
10 Cups of Rice Krispies (or generic work perfect too)

In a very large bowl... I have a over-sized mixing bowl from Tupperware that I use.  Melt the butter in the microwave for about 1 minute and 10 seconds... or less if it is completely melted. Dump in the Kraft marshmallows (I have to be honest here... I don't skimp on my Kraft Mac and Cheese and I don't skimp on my marshmallows there is a difference!) in the bowl and stir until the butter covers the marshmallows and place the bowl back into the microwave and cook for another 1 minute and 15 seconds.  The marshmallows will get double in size so make sure your bowl in big enough or you will have a big mess.  Remove from the microwave and stir together for about 15 seconds. Add 10 cups of Rice Krispies to the mixture and stir away making sure that all of the cereal is covered.  Depending if you like more marshmallow or more cereal add more if you like. I have been collecting RK treat molds for 20 years... and have a mold for almost every occasion... and to be honest I don't know if you can still get them or not.  It also works spreading them in a 9x13 pan.  Add a little of flour to your face... do you remember this old time commercial...




2 comments:

Kristi Rowley said...

I remember those commercials! I Love Rice Crispies! I need to cook my hamburger like that. I've done it a few times and it saves so much time. Such a good idea! Can I share your Hamburger post on my blog?

Auntie Lolo said...

I love the footballs! Such a great idea!