Monday, April 11, 2011

Rabbit... Rabbit...

Finally... I have something completed! Let's hear a wahooo!
I have been struggling with finding time to be creative.. but this little cutie was worth the wait!  I painted her white all over and sanded the edges.  I then used pink chalk and added the detail around the outside edges and also highlighted some on the center of the ears (I debated about using velvet... but I didn't like the look after I cut it out). The egg is painted pink with Stickles in the crevice of the bead board. I added Stickles on the top heart of the nose and also on the flower on the egg to give her a little bling. I thought she needed a little something for her mouth so I used a gel type heart shaped sticker (upside down) and covered it with black Stickles. I used crafting wire for the whiskers... again I wanted something the didn't standout (like black wire) and this worked for me.  I also added google eyes (does anyone use them anymore)?  I really liked the look. Then I tried trying a bow on her ear... and it just didn't look right... so I compromised and added a black see through flower with a cute fabric covered pink polka dot brad.  I can't decide which way I like her better... with the flower or without?  What do you think?
Post a Comment