Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dallas Cowboy Clothes Pins...

The front of the holders...
The back of the holders...
Dallas Cowboy chocolate covered pretzels...

My dad and his brothers have been Dallas Cowboy fans since their very first game. My cousins and I all have the strong Cowboys ties as well. At our Johnson Reunion this summer I asked my dad and uncles, Darrell and Ace, to bring their Cowboy jerseys for a "photo shoot". I thought it would be cool ~ and being the awesome uncles they are... they humored me! You can see the complete photo shoot here.  I wanted to make them something fun to display the pictures... and this is what I came up with. 

I painted the cloths pin two coats of silver... I traced the special Cowboy star paper and used Mod Podge to adhere it to the wood. The white paper was added to the top (I'll never admit this... but you can have too many stars) and the white was the perfect pop he needed.  I wished the picture showed the sparkles on the papers better... then I added a blue jute-like material for the final touch. I attached two pictures of them together ~ a front and a back... just like they are posed (top and middle picture ~ right pin). You can soo tell they are brothers! I have different pictures in mine (top and middle picture ~ left pin). Since we had the Sunday night game... I thought it would be fun to give them each a bag of Cowboy pretzels to enjoy for treat time during the game.
 

2 comments:

MaryBerry Boutique said...

Vicky I just love you! You always leave me the sweetest comments and make me feel good:) I can tell that you are such an awesome person to be around! I really mean that:)
I have really had fun being your pinterest friend too! ( you pin the cutest stuff!)
These clothes pins are so neat! I I want to make some to hold pictures for my kids rooms. I dont watch lots of football but i love that your family is so into it! I wish my family had something to share like that!:) so NEAT:)
HUGS, Mary

Lyndsey said...

This is the coolest idea!! Guys are always so hard to shop for - I may have to do this for my dad but in raiders colors lol!!!