Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cowboy Sign and Football...

It's hard to believe that a whole month has gone by and I have not posted anything to my craft blog... it's been a pretty crazy month I have to admit!  I tried to have all of the Cowboy signs ready for Sunday kickoff... but only managed to get 1 "mostly" done.  I used my Silhouette cutter and vinyl for the "Cowboys and the star" and used my Quickutz lettering for the "est. 1960" it was important to Josh since it is their 50th year in the NFL to have that on the board. I love how the football turned out... but I am still trying to figure out if I want to put small stars on the ends or not... Josh and I talked about putting a big "U" for Utah State in the middle instead of the laces... but I think he was worried I would put a big star in the middle instead... I'm sure you have figured out by now that we love our Cowboys... what do you think about putting Cowboy stars on the ends of the football?  Let me know what you think!

Check out how cute my blog friend Kerrie's turned out... She used the "U' for the Utes and the "Y" for BYU... super cute.... and she is selling them for a bargain! Kerrie's Krafts Blog

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Very cute! I just started a craft blog (today!) and it's so fun to look around and see what projects everyone's making. I have yet to use vinyl in my cricket but I am so excited to! Your stuff turned out great!

Jessica
http://craftily-ever-after.blogspot.com

Sharlotte said...

This is great! I'm not sure about the stars, just try it and see what you think. I LOVE the Cowboys, always have. I live in Houston but was cheering for Dallas. We were out of town so we were listening to the game via radio. Great game!
Sharlotte
Ms. Sharlotte's...Southern Reflections

Holly Lefevre said...

I need to get on this vinyl thing - I really need to try it! Fun stuff!

Jenn said...

I featured you on Life with the Lebedas! Swing by and pick up the feature button!!

http://lebedafamily.blogspot.com/2010/09/craftify-it-thursday.html

Jennifer @ Life with the Lebedas

Crystal said...

This is so much fun!

Lyndsey said...

These are some seriously cute ideas!!I might have to try some of them!!!

Amy said...

I love it! I am planning on doing some things for my "game day" decorating as well but Halloween hasn't left me much time yet! Plus, the way the season has gone hasn't been too inspiring. Nonetheless, God bless the Cowboys!

Nikki ~ Let's Craft!! said...

OMG!!! This ROCKS!!! I wan't one so much!! HEy thanks for stopping by my blog, and sharing your kind words. I am super excited that it's slowly growing.

~Nikki

bestpartofbelieveis.blogspot.com

Kristen @ Who's Watching the Baby? said...

I saw your sign on the linky party on the Silhouette blog! I must have a Cowboys sign of my own! May I ask what font you used, or did you trace it from the Website? It looks fantastic!!!

How much longer till football season?!? :-)