Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Raymond Wedding Sign

Josh was looking for the "perfect" wedding gift to give his good friends Tyler and Cami. Cami wanted dark brown and tan...and this is what I came up with.  I've never done a "board" before...and it was more time consuming than I thought it would be. I've decided it takes "the first time" and then all of the creations like it are a piece of cake! I painted the wood a dark brown and then used my Silhouette to cut out the large letters. Josh wanted to have the "est. 2010" in cursive and in smaller letters so I used my Quickutz for them. I bought some polka dot material and frayed the edges then used my dad's trusty man stapler to secure it to the back.

15 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I love this !!! Good job:)

Elizabeth {sunny bug} said...

How cute! I really think handmade + personalized is really a nice touch...especially for a wedding gift.

Crystal said...

Adorable gift! I love how it turned out. Personalized gifts are always the best.

Jax said...

My friend just got married yesterday and I would love to do something like that for him. I wish I were half as talented as you.

Nikki said...

LOVEEEEEEEEE it! Thanks so much for linking up at Gettin' Crafty on Hump Day!!!!! :)

Brianna! said...

I want one!
This is PRECIOUS and so sweet
xoxo
bB

Diane said...

Turned out great! I love the colors, too.

KimMalk said...

This is darling. I love that it's personal and has the year in the corner - nice job. Pls. don't forget to add that you linked with Fabric Fun Thursday. Thanks :).

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Very cute, Vicki! It turned out great -- you did a wonderful job!!

Terrell said...

Sooo creative and a great find!! I'm loving your blog and I'm so excited to be your newest follower! I would also like to invite you to my link party/giveaway every Friday at FrouFrouDecor! I love new friends and hope to see you there!
~Terrell @ FFD~

Holly Lefevre said...

That is a special gift. You did an amazing job!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

This is such a personal and neat gift idea, thanks for sharing.

Leslie said...

Cute cute cute! I make signs similar to these except they are glass frames! They are so fun and a perfect gift! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

Leslie said...

Just wanted to let you know that I featured this on Hoo's got talent!

Connie said...

These established signs make great wedding gifts. I'll bet your son was proud to give this to his friends.