Friday, December 31, 2010

Retirement Book...

 A close up of the Harley Davidson logo
 I used the Provo Craft embossing plate on silver cardstock
I inked one of the wheels of Josh's model Corvette
to get the tire tracks going across the page...
 Our corporate office is in Seattle..
Bruce started the tradition of "Popcorn Friday"
this looks close to the machine we have in the break room
When Bruce announced his retirement... the staff decided to give him an open house.  I got thinking it might be fun to make a "sign-in" book... like they have at wedding receptions for the people coming to his open house to write their best wishes for him.  It also worked out perfect for the staff.  We have about 80 employees so I started passing the pages around and employees could either sign their name or wish him well.  I did about 14 pages.  Bruce's brother in law, Roger, was training a guide dog named Chad. Chad was very important to Bruce so I decided to make Chad a page (I didn't take a picture dang it) I cut a Black lab out of velvet and a blue tag just like Chad's.  At the open house I took a stamp pad and had Roger ink up one of his paws and stamp it on the page!  It was perfect. All of the above die cuts were made with my Silhouette... I love that machine and I used Stickles to "bling" them up a bit!

1 comment:

MaryBerry Boutique said...

I love this idea:) Im sure this book will mean allot to him! Im sorry to hear you are going thru a divorce. My friend is going thru the same thing:( I hope this New Year will be a much happier one!
With love, Mary