Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Wood Projects...

After I had painted the XO's I decided that I wanted to put hearts on the "X"... I pulled out my trusty Quickutz die and started cutting out the hearts. I thought they turned out cute... but then the "O's" looked naked.  Josh happened to come into the studio at that time and I asked him... what do you think... should I add some flowers... he said... "No mom... add some lips... it is hugs and kisses ya know". So I did just that... I added lips... with my Quickutz lip die. I posted this one so you can see how I have a few of them hanging off the edge... and then I just went back with a craft knife and trimmed off the edge!
I love this heart with the arrow through it... I painted the heart in Pop Pink by Creamcoat and then the arrow in Royal Fuchsia by Creamcoat.  I cut out scrapbook paper ( I love this one... it has all of the colors I decorate with)... I then added Martha Stewart Tourmaline glitter to the arrow for that added wow...
The lips I painted in Cardinal Red by Creamcoat and added added Martha Stewart Garnet glitter and sealed with a spray coating to seal the glitter.  It makes the glitter NOT sparkle as much.... but it goes make it much less messy.
This conversation heart is for Josh... it has been his nick-name since he was little... and the name has stuck...even now he's 23 he will always be my Babycakes!
 
I can't take much credit for this set... other than painting it!  I cheated and bought the vinyl from the Wood Connection... I figured it was worth the $5 to already have it done... I used...Cardinal Red...Royal Fuchsia and Think Pink all by Creamcoat.
I did NOT make this awesome Love sign... I purchased it several years ago... I don't remember where... but I just absolutely LOVE it...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All of your wood decor is so cute! I love that arrow through the heart!

Thanks for sharing in FFA!

Hannah

Jessica said...

I love the all! My favorite it the heart with the arrow through it. So adorable!! I want one!!!