Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dallas Cowboy Star ~ Ooops...

 The "plain" star...
 After priming...
 After spraying it with glitter spray...

The finished star... I have to admit... you really can have TOO much glitter.  I should have just left it with the silver glitter spray paint on the base of the star... instead I went over the top of the cardstock with glitter spray (it was a different kind of spray paint that has a lighter mist)... and this is what it looks like now! You can't tell... but I had white - grey and blue Bazzill cardstock... now it's a mess! I spent $1.99 per sheet on the star paper and it took several sheets because I wanted the stars to be exactly horizontal and look like Cowboy stars (if they are on their side or upside down they look funny).  My mom asked if I was going to blog the star... I started laughing and said... yes... we need to blog about our failures as much as our successes! So this is a post about what NOT to do. I will probably go back over it all again someday ... and see if I can make it look more like a Cowboy star... until then...

3 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Lovely project
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Candy said...

Great project! Thanks for entering my giveaway and following.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Connie said...

It looks good to me. Sometimes the idea in our head doesn't always come out quite like we hoped.