Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dallas Cowboy Star ~ Ooops...

 The "plain" star...
 After priming...
 After spraying it with glitter spray...

The finished star... I have to admit... you really can have TOO much glitter.  I should have just left it with the silver glitter spray paint on the base of the star... instead I went over the top of the cardstock with glitter spray (it was a different kind of spray paint that has a lighter mist)... and this is what it looks like now! You can't tell... but I had white - grey and blue Bazzill cardstock... now it's a mess! I spent $1.99 per sheet on the star paper and it took several sheets because I wanted the stars to be exactly horizontal and look like Cowboy stars (if they are on their side or upside down they look funny).  My mom asked if I was going to blog the star... I started laughing and said... yes... we need to blog about our failures as much as our successes! So this is a post about what NOT to do. I will probably go back over it all again someday ... and see if I can make it look more like a Cowboy star... until then...
Post a Comment