Thursday, July 21, 2016

BYU... Who???

We have 5 very special birthdays from June 27th - July 25th ... and we wanted to
celebrate them all!  I wanted to find a fun gift for each of them...and when Todd and I
went shopping at Wood Creations in West Haven...
 this one caught our eye.  I didn't have a lot of time to get the gifts ready so I
bought the vinyl that was already cut and ready to go.
This one is for my sister-in-law, Rayann.  She graduated from BYU and will always
defend her Alma Mater to the end.  This gift was perfect for her!
I painted the wood block with 3 coats of Ceramcoat white paint... then applied
the vinyl and used some black and blue cream chalking to the sides since
there was a lot of "white space" showing.  I had Todd drill a hole in the top
for the wood topper (I honestly don't remember what they are called)
used wood glue to hold it in place and added 4 different ribbons tied in a bow.
Happy Crafting ~ Vicki

No comments: