Sunday, July 10, 2016

Missionary Tie Rice Krispie Treats

 I can't believe it's been 2 years since Jaden left on this mission.
I made the Missionary Name Tag Rice Krispie Treats for his farewell
 and I thought ties would be cute for his welcome home!
 I usually always have molds for my treats... but I had this cute
tie cookie cutter and decided to "mold" them inside the cutter.
It worked out pretty good.  I wanted the ties to have color and since
he wore a red tie home on the plane... I thought we would make them red.
I melted 2 bags of Wilton Candy Melts when we tried to dunk the tie in the
melted chocolate it melted the Rice Krispie treats and it would not work at all... 
so my sweet husband "frosted" them with the melted chocolate instead.
Since they didn't get molded they didn't have any butter on the top to
keep from sticking to everything.  We figured out that if we turned the tie over
after it had set for a while... not only did we have a smoother surface to spread
the colored chocolate on...but the tops became the bottoms and it had a
bit of butter on it from my fingers smooshing it into the cutter.
NO more sticking!
We laughed about the different shapes we could use the tie for with a few minor
smooth outs... one was a drum stick... a baseball bat and a fish!
As always I never plan enough time to make them "beautiful"
but they tasted delicious and that's what matters most!
Happy Crafting ~ Vicki

No comments: