Sunday, August 6, 2017

Father's Day Jewelry Boxes

For Father's Day this year I thought that I would make a Jewelry Box
for each of the "dad's in my life...  My husband... my son and my "bonus" dad

I found this one at Hobby Lobby ... it's just plain wood and I made sure to sand it all
down before I stained it with Minwax Provincial stain.
 I applied 2 coats of stain with a craft brush 
making sure to let each coat dry thoroughly... the wood was
pretty good at absorbing the stain so I didn't cover up the grommets...
but if stain did get on them... then I just wiped it right off with a rag.
After the stain was completely dry... I measured out some self adhesive felt
I had found at Michael's and cut it to fit in the bottom of each chest. 
Since my family are Cowboy's fans what better color than blue for the felt.
I sprayed 2 light coats of Plaid Clear Acrylic Sealer in Gloss
to help it have a little bit of a shine.

My husband loves his and it sits proudly on our dresser holding his
rings...tie tacks and watches.
It may not be a "fun" gift but this year it was very practical!
Happy Crafting!

No comments: