Friday, August 13, 2010

Cowboy Mailbox

Pretty Sweet...
What the mail box looked like before...
Nice job Josh!

Josh got home from work yesterday and said...  "mom what do you have planned tonight"... other than going to his softball game at 9... I said nothing... why.. his comment was... I think we need to work on the mailbox!  With that said... he pulled of the mailbox so I could sand it down...it's mighty tough to get into the groves... but... Then Josh took his saw and cut off the back end... I guess the man who built it thought the post office could put packages on it..ours always delivers to the porch... and it was a major hide out for wasps... our pour mail lady. Josh also decided to stain it to make it look less worn. Since the only spray paint color I had was blue... we both knew it had to be a Dallas Cowboy mailbox! Inside of the "door" I put a "Thank You"  in vinyl so every time she leaves my mail... she will know I appreciate it! I got out my trusty Silhouette... have I told you how much I love my Silhouette?

 Check out my newest Dallas Cowboy Mailbox here...

9 comments:

InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Vicki-

What a difference a little paint can make. I love that you put the note inside for your mail lady. Hope it gets filled with lots of fun letters and packages. I found your dite from the weekend link-up at Tatertots and Jello.
My best- Diane

Macey at Olivia Renn said...

You inspired me to want to makeover my mailbox. Thanks!

http://oliviarenn.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

What a cute idea, I love it!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

My father is a Dallas Cowboys fan to the ends of the earth!
Tons of momentos and accessories fill my parents house with Cowboys stuff. Even the center of the floor in his workshop(that he built) has the star on it.
I will have to show him your post!

Crystal said...

Wow what a difference! What a sweet son to offer to help and I love the idea of the thank you note inside. I'm sure your mail lady will love delivering to your adorable mailbox.

Unknown said...

Oh, how I need a mailbox makeover! But sorry, no Cowboy stuff! Nephew plays for Atlanta now & Father-in-Law played for 49ers for 11 years.

At least I could just do a red, black & gold one! Thanks for the inspiration!!

shhh . . . go falcons!!!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

A Cowboy fan I am not,but this is really cute! Thanks for sharing.

Holly Lefevre said...

I just love a great mailbox! This is fabulous! My mailbox needs a makeover too!

Nikki said...

Super cute! Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day!!!!!!